Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff

My wait for this book have been long. I feel so lucky and thankful to have been able to read it early. Eee. I've been excited about it for so long, as I am a huge fan of Jay, and have loved his books ever since Stormdancer came out. And gosh, LIFEL1K3 did not disappoint. It was everything I wanted it to be and so much more.

I am not even sure where to begin writing this review. Because this book destroyed me. I'm unsure how I'm going to survive the wait for the next two books. And not sure at all how anything will be in book two. So nervous. Yet beyond excited. This book had a killer ending. One that was so very good. Loved it beyond words.

The writing in this book was stunning. Which I'm so happy about. There is so much to say about this book. I have no idea how I'm going to fit it all. But I will not share spoilers, but gosh, trust me when I say that this book will murder you with awesome. It is so good. And I loved every part of it. Even that rude ending. Hmph. Not sure how it's possible for Jay to be writing so many amazing books. He's just awesome. I mean, yeah, he's awful, because his books are heartbreaking and evil, but gosh, how they are amazing too. And LIFEL1K3 even more so than the rest. Just, the writing. The characters. The world. The romance. And the friendships. Everything about this book was written so well. I would also say that it is very much an Anastasia retelling, eee. Loved that.

This book tells the story of Eve. She lives in a broken world, where being out too long in the sun will give you cancer. Where robots are a huge part of life, and they are used for almost all work things. This whole world was so interesting to read about. There are new things to know all the time. I loved it so. Can't wait to know even more about it later on too. Eve is such an amazing girl. And I loved getting to know her. She lives with her grandfather, and she's trying to make money to get him medicine, as he is dying of cancer.

She is awesome building machines and such, and so she has this great way of trying to make money. Until it goes wrong, and now everyone is looking for her, most to kill her. But before that, getting to know Eve was the best thing. She was fierce and brave and so awesome. Her grandpa was mostly great too, I was a bit unsure about him. She has this small robot friend, Cricket, he was all kinds of fun in this book. She also has a robot dog, Kaiser. And that dog was beyond adorable and I loved him so much. So cute.

Eve also has the very best friend in the world. Lemon. And this girl was the best and I loved her beyond words. Eee. Oh, I hope there will be more of her in book two. She was so much fun and sassy and just so perfect. She has some secrets, but she's still awesome. I loved her and Eve's friendship so much. They were adorable together and they had this awesome saying that I loved the most. Lemon is also a big part of this book, which was just the greatest. I have all the love for her. And so wish there will be more of her.

There is so much I could say about the plot of this book. But I shall not mention a lot of it. When Eve and Lemon are on their way home, before everyone tries to kill them, they find a body in the trash. Not quite a robot, but a lifelike. Creatures that were made a couple of years ago, and then every one of them should have been destroyed. But this one was not. His name is Ezekiel, and gosh, that boy brought a whole lot of trouble to Eve's life. The best kind too, haha. Well, okay, the worst sort of trouble, but still. So amazing.

While trying not to die, Eve starts having memories of a different life. Something that she cannot really remember. And this thing is a huge part of this plot. I won't say much more about it. But oh, how it was awesome. I adored reading about her and Ezekiel growing closer. How there were some secrets there. Heartbreaking. Romantic too. And oh, how I shipped those two characters. Ezekiel was an amazing boy to get to know; not quite human, but not a robot either. Lifelike. And very much so. Eee. I loved him tons.

I seriously do not know how to talk about this book. I want to share all the spoilers. I want to shout about that ending. Because it ruined me. I shall try my best to heal from it. But it made the entire book different. Made me see things differently. And made me fully unsure about how I want the rest of the books to end. Gosh. It was so good, though. But most definitely a cliffhanger. Worth reading, though. My mind is empty of words for this book. Only know that I loved it very, very much. And I need so much more. Right away.

LIFEL1K3 was everything I wanted it to be and more. Full of an amazing cast of characters. An incredible and dark future world. This story murdered my heart. And I loved every moment of it. This book is going to be big, and I'm so excited about it. These characters were all written so well and I fell in love with all of them so much. But oh, waiting for the next two books might end up killing me. I simply have no idea at all how this story will end. And that thrills me so. But I'm also beyond scared. Cannot wait to know it all. Eee.

Huge thank you to Penguin Random House International for sending me the free ARC copy of this book to read and review. I'm forever grateful, and will treasure this lovely book beyond words. I am so happy I was able to read it early. Eee. I cannot wait to own all the finished copies of it too, they are going to be so gorgeous. If you are planning to read this book, then get moving. Order it right now. Because it's worth it. This book was amazing. You are all going to love it too, so much. I promise you that. It's beyond amazing.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You really loved this one! Glad it was all you wanted and more. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an exciting story and a really interesting world! Jay Kristoff definitely knows how to create an amazing world. I'm glad this one was such a win for you, Carina! I look forward to checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the book and I am so sad. Right now, I just want someone to hug me and tell me that my ship will work out. I can't sit moping on my bed till May 2019 for the next book!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)