Monday, July 10, 2017

Book Recommendation: The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron


I'm so, so happy that I finally re-read this precious book. I first read it in September last year, and I have been wanting to read it again ever since. Especially once I found out there would be a companion book coming out this year. And when I managed to get hold of an ARC of that one, eee, I simply couldn't resist reading this book again. And oh, how I'm glad that I did so. Because I still love this book. So much. It's stunning. It's rude. It's perfection. And it has the cutest romance. And most evil plot. It's all very exciting.

There is so much that I love about The Forgetting. I'm not going to talk too much about it this time, but I do need to share again about how much I love this book. Which is a lot. It just makes me so happy. Sigh. Yet also sad, because I wish the companion book had been a direct sequel. Hmph. Because I want more of Nadia and Gray so, so much. If you haven't read this book yet, you are seriously missing out. Because it's the best. And you are going to love it beyond words. Like I have. Twice, now. And more times later on.

The Forgetting tells the story of Nadia, the dyer's daughter. And Gray, the glassblower's son. The whole book is told from the point of view of Nadia, which I loved so much. This girl is amazing. And I love how she was curious about things, how she wanted to change things, and fix things. I loved how much she changed in this book as well. She used to almost never talk to anyone, never spend time with anyone. But she gets better at all of that through this book. She opens up more. She's more happy. I loved it so.

And oh, how I loved getting to know Nadia. She's so interesting and I loved reading everything her. And everything about her past too. Some things were a bit sad to read about, aw, but written so well. Sigh. And ahh, her family. Her mother was not okay. And that just broke my heart. Her twelve year old little sister was beyond adorable. And oh, how I loved reading about her again. But her other sister, whom is older, I think, was not the best to read about at first. Hmph. But she gets better too, and I loved that so.

And ahh, Gray. I loved this boy beyond words. He was so sweet and fun and amazing. I loved how he and Nadia started to become friends. Started talking and hanging out and breaking the law together. And loved how they got to be more than friends too. Oh, this romance killed me with how amazing it was. Eee. Wish there had been even more kissing, but there didn't need to be. Because there was some, and they were beyond perfect. This romance is the best. No drama. No love triangles. No arguing. It was so sweet.

There is so much I love about this book. Won't mention it all. But oh, it's so good. Nadia lives in the city of Canaan. This place is all they know; they never leave the walls around their town. But Nadia does leave the wall. For hours. Without finding anyone or anything else. I loved reading about her leaving the wall. So awesome. But anyway. This city. It is ruled by Janis, this old woman. And oh, how I hated her. I hated her more than I can say. But she was an really awesomely written villain. And so evil. So yay for that, lol.

For as long as it has been written down, everyone in this city has been losing all their memories every twelve years. Complete losses. It was heartbreaking to read about. Because so many other awful things happened too. And it was so sad. Ahh. But so interesting as well. They all write in books, writing down their truth and everything they know about themselves for those twelve years, before they forget again. It was so fascinating to read about. Written so well. Especially because Nadia never forgot. Eee. Loved it.

I'm not going to say more about this precious thing. Already said so much, again, lol. Just that it is beyond amazing. I love it to pieces. And I know that I will read it again and again. Eee. I will never not love this book. The plot is the most exciting thing. So many secrets and surprises. It was exciting and interesting at every moment. So much to know. Loved it so. And the romance. Again, perfection. And so many other interesting characters too. Oh, this book means so much to me. Again, if you haven't read it, do so now.


5 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this book! I started reading it and was loving it but it wasn't in my reading schedule so I had to put it down but I'm excited to pick it up as an audiobook book.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Brittany @ <Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...this just reminds me how much I loved this one, too. So, so much. It was one of those that you just want to start again as soon as you turn the last page. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the re-read was just as awesome as the first time through! Hope you love the companion, too! Beautiful cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Great review. :) It's a pretty special moment when I decide to reread a book, I really don't do it that often. This really just sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing, I didn't previously even have this on my RADAR!

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book was my favorite YA book last year! It blew away all of the others. I hope The Knowing went well for you!

    Have a lovely weekend, Carina. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)